Terna Sinistrorsa is pleased to present again to all the students of Politecnico Milan a completely free training opportunity in Cybersecurity, carried out by experts in the field.
Terna Sinistrorsa in collaboration with Onstairs offers you a free course that will involve students from various universities including the Politecnico University of Turin and the University of Palermo.
Due to last year's success, no admission test or self-assessment will be necessary for this edition of the course!
Theory: 8 hours
Lab: 3 hours
Start of the course*
Every Saturday a new lesson and related tests, materials and/or laboratories will be uploaded.
The end of the course is scheduled for 7 November 2020.
Lessons, workshops and quizzes will remain available until 31 December 2020.
Module 1 - Fundamentals (1.5 hours)
- Networking Basics: TCP/IP, Routing Concepts, DNS and ARP protocols
- Fundamentals of cyber security
- Fundamentals of Linux systems (basic command-and-control)
Module 2 - Threats and attack vectors (1.5 hours)
- Viruses, Malware, CryptoMalware & Trojans
- Bot, RAT, Key Logger & Logic Bomb
- Spam, Phishing & Spear Phishing Attacks
- Wireshark sniffer implementation and use
- LAB Malware Analysis and behavioral analysis of malware (Estimated duration: 40 min)
- LAB We perform an ARP Poisoning attack using the Ettercap tool (Estimated duration: 20
Module 3 - Network & Web Application Security (2 hours)
- Firewall, Virtual Private Network, Proxy/Reverse Proxy
- Intrusion Detection & Intrusion Prevention Systems
- General structure of a web application
- Attacks to Web Applications: SQL Injection and XSS
- LAB Configure a firewall (Estimated duration 20min)
Module 4 - Information encryption and obfuscation (2 hours)
- Symmetric key encryption algorithms
- Asymmetric key encryption algorithms
- Digital signature, certificates and PKI
- How does HTTPS work?
- Multifactor Authentication & One-Time Password (OTP)
- LAB How to encrypt the contents of a hard disk (estimated duration 10min)
- LAB How to generate a digital certificate (estimated duration 10min)
Module 5 - Ethical Hacking (1 hour)
- Basics of Ethical Hacking and anatomy of a cyber attack
- Scanning & enumeration techniques
- Fingerprint & whois
- LAB We extract from the Internet all the information regarding a given site (Estimated duration 30min)
- LAB We learn the basic use of the Metasploit framework (Estimated Duration 30min)
- LAB We perform a port scanning (estimated duration 10min)
- LAB We implement a Reverse Shell (estimated duration 10min)
- LAB We gain access to the system by exploiting system vulnerabilities (Estimated Duration 30min)
UPDATE: There is a second phase of registration! Free and without entrance exam
October 1st - October 15th
The inscriptions have been reopened! From 1st October to 15th October
A few days after filling in the registration form, you will receive an email with information about the test procedure.
In case of non-receipt of e-mails from us or from ONstairs by October 16, 2020 send a request to participate in the course to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the university of origin.
ONstairs is a young startup, specialized in cyber security and new technologies. Drawing on the knowhow of its members, the historic ISP Neomedia and IT consultants with experience in the military and banking sector, ONstairs focuses on IT security, having among its objectives the development and training of resources with a high professional profile.
For the second year we renew this exclusive collaboration with ONstairs Politecnico in Milan to offer a unique training opportunity.
Who are the teachers?
Marco Novelli: https://it.linkedin.com/in/marco-novelli-1a6a5b10
Sandro Impastato: https://it.linkedin.com/in/sandroimpastato