Terna Sinistrorsa is pleased to present again to all students of Politecnico in Milan a completely free training opportunity in the field of Cybersecurity, carried out by experts in the field.
Terna Sinistrorsa in collaboration with Onstairs offers you a free course involving students from various universities including Politecnico in Turin, the University of Palermo and many others.
Due to the success of the past editions of the course, no admission test or self-assessment is necessary to participate!
At the end of the course a certificate of attendance will be issued and it will be possible to participate in further Onstairs courses not organised with our cooperation.
REGISTRATION CLOSED! FOLLOW US TO DISCOVER UPCOMING EVENTS
Theory: 8 hours
Lab: 3 hours
Start of the course*
A new lesson and related tests, materials and/or workshops will be uploadedevery Saturday.
The end of the course is scheduled for 10 April 2021.
Lectures, workshops and quizzes will be available until 30 June 2021.
Module 1 - Fundamentals (1.5 hours)
- Networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, Routing concepts, DNS and ARP protocols
- Fundamentals of cyber security
- Fundamentals of Linux systems (basic commandistics)
Module 2 - Threats and attack vectors (1.5 hours)
- Viruses, Malware, CryptoMalware & Trojans
- Bots, RATs, Key Loggers & Logic Bombs
- Spam, Phishing & Spear Phishing Attacks
- Implementation and use of the Wireshark sniffer
- LAB Malware Analysis and behavioural analysis of malware (Estimated duration: 40 min)
- LAB We perform an ARP Poisoning attack using the Ettercap tool (Estimated duration: 20
Module 3 - Network & Web Application Security (2 hours)
- Firewall, Virtual Private Network, Proxy/Reverse Proxy
- Intrusion Detection & Intrusion Prevention Systems
- General structure of a web application
- Attacks on web applications: SQL Injection and XSS
- LAB Let's configure a firewall (Estimated duration 20min)
Module 4 - Encryption and obfuscation of information (2 hours)
- Symmetric key encryption algorithms
- Asymmetric key encryption algorithms
- Digital signature, certificates and PKI
- How does HTTPS work?
- Multifactor Authentication & One-Time passwords (OTP)
- LAB How to encrypt the content of a hard disk (Estimated duration 10min)
- LAB How to generate a digital certificate (Estimated duration 10min)
Module 5 - Ethical Hacking (1 hour)
- Fundamentals of Ethical Hacking and Anatomy of a Cyber Attack
- Scanning & enumeration techniques
- Fingerprint & whois
- LAB We extract from the Internet all the information about a given site (Estimated duration 30min)
- LAB We learn the basic use of the Metasploit framework (Estimated duration 30min)
- LAB Let's perform a port scan (Estimated duration 10min)
- LAB Let's implement a Reverse Shell (Estimated duration 10min)
- LAB Gaining access to the system by exploiting system vulnerabilities (Estimated duration 30min)
To register, please fill in the following form:
Registration is open from 7 January to 15 February 2021.
A few days after the closing of the enrolment phase, information on how to access the platform where the course can be followed will be provided by email.
If you have not received an email from us or from ONstairs by 1 March 2021, please send a request to take part in the course to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your university.
Who is ONstairs?
ONstairs is a young startup, specialised in cyber security and new technologies. Drawing on the know-how of its partners, the historic ISP Neomedia and IT consultants with experience in the military and banking sectors, ONstairs focuses on cyber security, with the development and training of high-profile professional resources as one of its objectives.
For the second year we are renewing this exclusive partnership with ONstairs at Politecnico in Milan to offer a unique training opportunity.
Who are the teachers?
Marco Novelli: https://it.linkedin.com/in/marco-novelli-1a6a5b10
Sandro Impastato: https://it.linkedin.com/in/sandroimpastato